Hey #smallchickbigdeals readers,
I have an announcement, last week I finally graduated from college. I graduated from FDU in Madison with my BA in Communications with minors in Sociology & Public Relations. What’s even more exciting is that I will be starting working for a food pr firm by the end of this month. I feel really blessed to have this job too. But life as a post grad, especially with my stomach isn’t gonna be easy. I’ll still have a budget for when I go out or even cook so I may have some more recipes up here too. I also will have a list of places I can’t review due to my job. I’m hoping to move close to NYC but we will see what happens. I have tons of places I haven’t blogged about yet I’d love to tell you about also.
I also still plan on having my #NorthJersey #BurgerBattle and my #CupcakeContest. There are tons of places in NYC & NJ I can tell you about. As always feel free to tell me about places I should go to and if you agree with my posts!
So here’s to the next chapter in #smallchickbigdeals! Hope you are all ready to turn the page with me!
So cheers to #smallchickbigdeals on a post grad budget and Happy Eating 😀
Being a food blogger who loves cupcakes, I know if I was stopping by any food truck in New York City it would be the Cupcake Crew’s cupcake truck. I was ecstatic that the were near where I was in SoHo on Saturday. What better day to try the Cupcake Crew’s cupcakes then Cinco de Mayo?
Cupcake Crew (all over NYC- follow @cupcakecrewnyc)
Customer Service- 5: I got excellent service when I asked about the flavors. The guy who ran the truck was super nice as well!
Atmosphere- 4.5: Since it was a truck I can’t really judge the atmosphere but they had a crowd. You also can’t miss the truck because it’s black and dark pink so it stands out, you really can’t miss it!
Cupcake Quality- 5: The cupcakes were delicious and had just enough of everything. They had a special Tequila Lime flavor because it was Cinco de Mayo and that was my favorite flavor. Every flavor I had was great. I got the minis but I’m sure if I got a regular sized cupcake it would’ve been great as well. They also survived the NJ Transit ride back to Jersey with me neatly wrapped in a bag, which says a lot.
Price: $ – I got 3 minis for $5 which isn’t too bad for NYC prices. They weren’t too expensive at all & great to eat in the city or bring home. It was worth every penny because as I mentioned they survived the train ride.
Final Score: 14.5/15 – These cupcakes are great and the prices won’t break your budget! You just need to make sure you can catch the truck. They post where they will be on their twitter @cupcakecrewnyc!
Feel free to let me know if you agree!
Picture Above: The Cupcake Crew cupcake truck
Picture above: Enjoying my Tequila Lime cupcake for Cinco de Mayo
Happy Eating!!! 😀
I did my Cinco de Mayo grocery shopping yesterday and had to decide whether i should go to Trader Joe’s, Wal-Mart, Aldi, or Stop & Shop. After deliberating for a few minutes I decided on Trader Joe’s because I know they have pretty good deals and good quality food, but I was a little apprehensive since it was my first time getting beef and I was worried it might’ve been out of my budget, but I was wrong.
There are plenty of a Trader Joe’s locations on the East Coast so I recommend you stop by sometime. There are way to many reasons why I love Trader Joe’s so I’ve decided to narrow it down to a top 5.
Top 5 Reasons why #smallchickbigdeals loves Trader Joe’s:
1. It’s economically friendly: I spent less than 20 dollars yesterday and got juice, ground beef, taco seasoning, 2 apples, and 2 kiwis. In other words, they have great deals and there prices won’t break your wallet.
2. The food is great quality: I’ve never had anything I’ve been disappointed with at Trader Joe’s. Not only is most of there food healthy but its delicious. They also have some great frozen meals in their freezer section.
3. SAMPLES!!!: If you come in hungry, don’t worry they have samples!!! They usually have a frozen entree (thats cooked) to sample along with a desert and they always have small cups of coffee available to drink while you get your groceries.
4. Amazing Customer Service: I was in awe when I saw they sold ground beef by the pound so I asked someone who worked there if the price I saw was really the price. They kindly said yes and was eager to answer my questions.
5. Two Buck Chuck: Unfortunately the location I went to did not have alcohol. But some locations have wine and beer. Trader Joe’s is known for its “2 buck chuck” aka 2 buck wine! Now what can be better than that? I’ve had it before and it tastes great!
Hope you stop by a Trader Joe’s next time you see one nearby!
Happy Eating 😀