I find the best recipes ones that use a few, simple ingredients. Growing up I was always a fan of quesadillas and still am to this day. This past week, I realized I had a lot of black beans in my pantry so I figured I should put them to good use.
Here’s my quick & easy recipe for black bean and cheese quesadillas…
- A bag of flour tortillas
- A can of black beans
- Bag of shredded cheese of choice preferably Mexican Mix
- Salsa of choice
- Oil or butter spray
- Adobo Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, as needed
- In a separate small pot prepare beans over heat for about 20 minutes. Feel free to put in Adobo seasoning and salt & pepper for more flavor.
- Once beans are done cooking let simmer on low heat.
- Take out a frying pan that can fit your flour tortilla on it, spray with oil or butter spray of choice and let it warm up.
- Put tortilla on it and let it warm up to your liking for about a minute.
- Add beans, salsa, and cheese on to tortilla and let sit for another two minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted enough take one side of the tortilla over the other and flip so both sides are heated evenly. If you’d prefer to use two tortillas instead of one put another tortilla over the mix & then flip it.
- Keep over heat for another minute or two.
- Put it on your plate & enjoy!
This recipe is really easy and if you are not a fan of beans you can always substitute it with your meat of choice. Feel free to top it off with your favorite sour cream and guac if you’d like.
Happy Eating! 😀