Hi Readers! I’m Lauren, the new gluten free gal of the Small Chick Big Deals staff! Not to brag or anything, but I’ve only been gluten free for a year and I’m really good at scoping out the most affordable gluten-free products and restaurants in the Tri-State. I’m also practically a magician when it comes to concocting my own gluten-free recipes. So if you’re looking for some new ideas as to what to eat or where to go, stick with me and Small Chick Big Deals for the best of the best when it comes to all things gluten-free!
This week, I’m letting you all in on a not-so secret recipe created by yours truly! Like all of the recipes on SCBD, it’s really easy and affordable, and is practically perfect for lunch and/or dinner! So without further adieu, here’s the recipe for my gluten-free tortilla salad.
- 1 Toufuyan Gluten Free Wrap (Any Gluten Free Wrap will work)
- 1/2 Head of Lettuce (or as much as you can cut and fit into a bowl)
- Dried cranberries
- Gluten-Free Candied walnuts
- Feta cheese
- Grilled Chicken (optional, especially for the gluten-free vegetarians)
- 2 TBSPs of Ken’s Raspberry Walnut Dressing
1. Lay Toufuyan Gluten Free Wrap in a Perfect Tortilla bowls (like the one pictured). They are a great (and fun!) investment ($8.95 on AsSeenonTV.com). If you don’t feel the need to purchase one, laying the wrap flat on an oven safe pan works too!
2. Butter with PAM or melted margarine. Put the wrap in the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees. For the fastest results, let the wrap sit in the oven while it is preheating.
3. Wait until the wrap turns a light golden brown, then remove it from the oven. Use your best judgement with this one, guys.
4. If the wrap is flat, put it on a plate or in a bowl. If you used the Perfect Tortilla bowl, remove the rap from the metal bowl pan.
5. Insert the rest of the ingerdients as much and in whatever order as you like (though it is probably best to put the lettuce in first). I typically put in about half a head of lettuce but that’s how much fits into the Perfect Tortilla bowls. With the other ingredients, I say, put as in as you want, just as long as it’s not overflowing the bowl/wrap. I like to use 2 small chicken breasts and sprinkle a small amount of the rest of the ingredients.
6. Mix in about 2 TBSP of Ken’s Raspberry Walnut Dressing (or dressing of choice) and Enjoy!
Hope you guys enjoy my first gluten-free recipe! It’s a huge hit with my gluten-free mother and my not-so gluten free boyfriend so I hope you all like it too! I highly suggest purchasing those Perfect Tortilla bowls to get the full effect!