Ever since 2013 began my latest breakfast obsession has been breakfast burritos. They are great to eat for breakfast or brunch and can make a breakfast lover out of anyone. Breakfast has always been a meal I eat daily because I know I work better with a little or in this case a lot in my stomach. Also, if you are on the run this a great portable breakfast that will make your stomach and taste buds a bit happier. There are a few different techniques to making them, in fact the first time I made them was with my boyfriend and our friend’s New Year’s Day but here is my most effective recipe.
- 2-4 large eggs (depends on how many you plan on serving)
- Salsa of choice
- A pack of flour tortillas
- Bacon (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, for taste
- Bag of shredded cheese (I prefer the Mexican Blend)
- If you plan on including bacon in your burrito prepare that first in a frying pan to your liking and put pieces on a plate with a paper towel so they aren’t as greasy.
- If you don’t plan on using bacon start by cracking eggs in a mixing bowl. Note: I use 2 eggs per burrito per person so if you are making for more than two people you may need to use between 6-8 eggs but its up to you.
- Get out frying pan and spray with butter or olive oil spray, let it heat up for a minute or two.
- Whip eggs in mixing bowls, add salt & pepper and about a tablespoon or two of salsa.
- Pour egg mix into frying pan and scramble eggs to your liking.
- Once eggs are scrambled put them into a separate bowl.
- Spray pan with oil or butter spray again and heat tortillas over low heat to your liking.
- Put more salsa (if you want) and shredded cheese into separate bowls.
- Take your tortilla top with bacon, scrambled eggs, salsa and cheese to your liking.
- Fold into a burrito and enjoy!
Next time you don’t know what to eat for breakfast or brunch think outside the box and try this breakfast burrito recipe, it’s delicious!
Happy Eating! 😀