There are few things as amazing as homemade applesauce. The only problem is that I don’t have the time or patience to make it every week. When I want something resembling homemade applesauce, I want it in less than 5 minutes. I’m a busy girl! This is my new favorite mid-day snack.
You don’t need to go out and buy the exact same ingredients that I used. Like all recipes I make, I use what I have on hand. If you don’t have a gala apple, any other type will do! I used organic unsalted almond butter, but use whatever nut butter you have. My favorite thing about this combo is that it provides a full range of healthy nutrients but tastes delicious at the same time.
- 1 medium gala apple
- 1 tablespoon unsalted almond butter
- cinnamon (as desired)
- Slice your apple into small cubes.
- Places the cubes in a bowl and pour the almond butter over them.
- In a microwave, heat the mix for 20 seconds at a time. You’ll know it’s done when the apple cubes are soft but still hold their shape.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon over the top of the nut butter and mix together. Enjoy!