When I began working full time after I graduated from college, I loved going to Whole Foods for lunch. It became a very guilty and delicious habit. The funny thing was that the options I chose for my daily lunch were things I could easily make from home. My wallet told me this was a good idea and I am so glad I listened. 😉
This sandwich is one of my favorites. As much as I love the combo of bacon and avocado, I don’t eat pork. So like most of my restaurant favorites, I recreated the standard Club Sandwich on my own terms. This one fills me up, is low on processed ingredients, and lends itself to easy modifications. Oh and it takes less than 10 minutes to throw together. What more could you ask for?
- 2 slices Oasis Low-Carb Flaxseed bread (use your favorite bread or whatever you have on hand)
- 2 slices lean turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup of shredded turkey breast
- 3 slices tomato
- 1/4 avocado
- Handful of spinach
- On one slice of bread, layer the turkey and turkey bacon over the tomatoes and spinach.
- Smear the avocado on the other slice of bread. If you want to add mayo, go for it. But trust me when I say that all of these flavors together are perfect without it too.
- Put the halves together and wait for coworker envy.
What is your favorite thing to bring for lunch?