Last year when my boyfriend Luke and I celebrated our first Valentine’s Day, I decided I would bake him cookies instead of giving him a gift. Since he loves the Marvel comic book series, I went straight to work in finding a Spider-man cookie how to. Thanks to this tutorial, I was able to re-create his favorite web-slinging superhero fairly easily! This was the result:
Since last year was such a yummy success, I decided that every year from now on I would give my boyfriend the gift of cookies along with his Valentine’s Day present! So this year, I decided to bake him sugar cookies again for the big day! Even better – these cookies are gluten-free, so I can have a bite of one if I want to!
For the dough, I used the Wegman’s box recipe but from then on out I channeled my inner Buddy Valastro for the decorating! The cookies say “I love sleepy bears” (that’s my boyfriend’s pet name, I know, cheesy) as well as “Happy Valentines Day, I love you.”
Needless to say, Luke loved them (as expected)! He was also really impressed with my cookie bear!
Here is the recipe straight from the Wegmans box if you want to try them yourself this Valentine’s Day weekend! Let me know if you come up with some cool creative designs for your significant other!
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies(via Wegmans):
- 1 Box of Wegmans Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 Large Egg
- 6 TBSP of Butter
- Frosting of your choice / Cookie cutters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, add 1/2 cup of Wegmans Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Mix and Butter, stir on medium until dough is crumbly.
- Add rest of mix and 1 beaten egg. Stir again until all components are mixed in.
- Flatten dough and place it on plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-1/12 hours.
- Take dough out of refrigerator, roll it into balls and separate it onto the cookie sheet, about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 11-14 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- As far as decoration goes, I used the cookie cutters when the cookies were soft after it was cooked. You can use the cookie cutters when the dough is raw and it will have the same effect.
- Add frosting and designs.