Over the last year, the one thing I learned is, when it comes to the gluten-free diet, one should always keep an open-mind and always experiment. I did just that this past week by trying gluten-free pizza for the first time!
Gluten-Free pizza was something I always wanted to try since the first moment I stopped eating gluten but I was always a little apprehensive about it at the same time. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the crust and I’ve heard from some gluten-free friends that if it’s not made correctly, the pizza as a whole can taste like cardboard with sauce and cheese on it.
But the on-the-fly recipe my family and I tried turned out to be pretty fantastic. A lot of it came from my boyfriend Luke, who made his own homemade pizza once before using non gluten-free Bisquick. Technically, this recipe is essentially his concoction!
Regardless if you have or have not tried gluten-free pizza yet, I suggest you try this recipe! It’s really simple, affordable, and fun for the entire family!
Gluten-Free Pizza Recipe (for +2 people)
- 2 cups of Gluten-Free Bisquick mix
- 1 cup of Italian seasoning (IE: basil, parsley, rosemary garlic, etc)
- 1 cup of water
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup oil
- Sauce, Cheese, Toppings (use your judgement on these)
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Grease pizza pan.
- Stir Bisquick mix, Italian seasoning, water, oil, and eggs until well combined. Spread mix in pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes (NOTE: It may appear cracked, this is normal)
- Spread pizza sauce, cheese, and other toppings over crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe! If you tried it, let me know what you thought in the comments!