As much as I love eating out, I hate not knowing exactly what ingredients are used in a recipe. It’s a weird quirk of mine and most likely the reason that I love making food at home. That being said, it was only a matter of time that I made my own Thin Mints. I can’t afford to purchase enough Thin Mints to last me until the next Girl Scout Cookie season, so I am excited to have this insanely easy recipe in my book. If you like Thin Mints, you’ll like these!
Note: Although I am not Vegan myself, I did quite a bit of research on the ingredients to be absolutely positive that they are Vegan. Ritz Crackers? Who knew!
- 1 box Ritz Crackers
- 1 package Ghiradelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Crisco All Vegetable Shortening
- 1.5 tsp peppermint extract
- Put your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with the crisco and microwave until melted. Mix well.
- Add in the peppermint extract. Taste the mix to be sure it’s enough, and if you want it even more minty, add some. Just be careful that you don’t add TOO much or your cookies will taste like mouthwash.
- Dunk your Ritz Crackers into the chocolate until they’re completely covered. Lay them out on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil. Once you have a whole tray filled up, stick them in the fridge to harden up. The Ritz Cracker turns into a cookie once it firms up!
- After the chocolate is firm, I placed all the cookies into a tupperware container and threw them in the freezer for easy storage.
For St. Patty’s day, I am planning on making some Thin Mints with green sprinkles on top for a fun addition.
What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie?