Hey readers, it’s me Sara the founder of SCBD! So, I love the fact that my boyfriend Jason is a foodie like me! Weekends are always fun whether we are going out checking out a new spot or we’re cooking together. When we’re not cooking together, him and I take turns on who cooks. So every time he cooks I know I’m in for a treat and I love it, he’s my chef! He’s really good at cooking hearty, budget-friendly recipes. This weekend, along with many other delicious dishes he made this awesome chicken, better known as Jay’s Big Deal Small Chic-ken. He wanted me to share his awesome recipe with you all. I’m sure you will love it too!
- 1 chicken (halved)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 Tbs. Fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 lemon zest (shavings of 1 whole lemon skin)
- 1 whole lemon (squeezed)
- 1-3 garlic cloves (chopped) and according to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup oil
For heat add Jalapenos or crushed red pepper according to taste
- Place halved chicken open side down in pan (be sure you buy a whole chicken and have it halved but NOT separated into two different pieces).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- Combine cilantro, parsley, rosemary, lemon zest, lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil to make the marinade.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, spread/pour marinade over top of the chicken (it is recommended that it marinate for 24-hours).
- Turn grill on to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken open side down on grill for 15-20 minutes. (Do not dump marinade over top as it will cause your chicken to flame up.)
- GENTLY BASE THE CHICKEN WITH A BRUSH!
- Flip over and grill for another 15-20 minutes and your done!!
- Let cool and enjoy!
(Baking) “A healthier option!”
- Pre-heat oven to 415 degrees
- Place chicken in pan with marinade into oven for about 45 minutes or until a golden brown.
- Remove! Cool and enjoy!!!
The recipe is definitely one of my new favorites and I hope he makes it again! The marinade is so delicious and compliments it so well! That’s the basic recipe but you can add cut red potatoes to the pan (in picture above) that make a great side & complete the meal! A huge plus is that you’ll definitely have leftovers to eat the next day, if they last that long!
Look out for more of Jason’s and my recipes up on the blog, as he has more to share with you and I’ll be taken pictures as always next time he cooks! 🙂
Stay tuned for more of SCBD’s Boyfriend #Budget #Friendly Recipes!