Hi everyone I am Fay I am owner of Curvy is Bella a fitness blog for girls and I am designated health and fitness guru for Small Chick Big Deals! I figured it was about time I posted and shared my tips and tricks with everyone and today’s healthy lunch came out to good not to share. I would say once a week I go to Columbus Market in NJ for fresh fruits and veggies and Bottom Dollar Food for everything else. Of course, sometimes I treat myself to items from Trader Joes, Wegmans and Acme but I like to save money and eat as healthy as possible and I have found you can do that at Bottom Dollar Food as long as you know what you are looking for! The Spiced Shrimp with Veggies over Jasmine Rice recipe I am going to share is quick, easy and is great to eat after a nice workout at the gym.
- Jasmine rice (or any rice of your choice)
- One fresh tomato
- Half of an avocado
- shelled shrimp
- coconut shreds
- normal household spices
- To start cook rice to brand specifications, I use jasmine rice from a local asian market and it takes about 15 minutes to make.
- While the rice is cooking in a small pan put a little water, 7 shelled shrimp and spice them to your taste. I put cayenne pepper, regular pepper and a dash of Mrs. Dash (salt free)
- During the cooking of the rice and shrimp get out your tomato and chop it as small as you’d like. While on the cutting board spice the tomatoes (again this is to your taste but I used cayenne pepper again and a little garlic salt)
- Once shrimp are red and cooked clean them off and peel them (if you don’t it will give an unwanted fishy taste to your meal)
- Rinse out your shrimp pan and put tomatoes, coconut shreds and pealed shrimp and cook for five minutes.
- After that is done mix rice (there will be left over so I just put it in a container for another lunch) tomato mix and shrimp together and top with sliced fresh avocado and enjoy!
All of these things I used today were left overs from salads throughout the week! Getting creative with your meals helps save time, money and wasted food from having to be thrown away. Hope you enjoyed this quick meal once I get more comfortable I plan on submitting at least once a week to Small Chick Big Deals and feel free to check me out on Curvy is Bella 🙂